Please email any request and Iwill do my best to either cover it in a blog, or email you back. Happy cooking, crafting and creating.

About Me

My photo
I am a mom of 4, a blended family that is wonderfully close. I love cooking, in fact I am obsessed with cooking and making fun stuff for the family to enjoy. I love to create, photography, painting, decorating, crafts and anything that makes me feel more creative.

Monday, December 5, 2011

I am always looking for casserole ideas that my family will eat. Many reasons fuel my search. First, I work full time and need things I can make ahead of time, second is they are generally cheap and feed very hungry boys. Always a big plus, I can't say for sure where the casserole recipe came from, as I generally look up several and then play around with it to suit our needs or list of ingredients I have in the pantry. The garlic biscuit knots are from pinterest. The stars of this show (not all pictured as I was tending to a 23 month old too) are:
Casserole: 2-3 pounds of chicken breast, macaroni (any shape pasta), shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese. 2 cans evaporated milk, ranch dressing (not dip) mix, salt, pepper, onion and garlic.
Garlic biscuit knots: 1 can of flaky biscuits, canola or olive oil, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and oregano.


Put both cans of evaporated milk into a sauce pan with ranch dressing mix, heat on low. In a separate pan get water boiling for the pasta.

Next cube up chicken and set aside. Chop onion and garlic.



Soften onions and garlic in a pan, add salt and pepper to this. If you salt and pepper in stages, you food is flavorful, if you wait until the end of the meal, it will taste like salt on top of the food.


Next add chicken, and brown until no longer pink in the middle. Do not over cook.




Cook 2 and 1/2 cups of pasta into heavily salted water according to package directions follow the al dente time.


Set the cooked chicken and drained pasta aside. Layer half of each into a buttered casserole dish like pictured below.



Next pour half of the ranch milk over the past and sprinkle with handful of both cheeses.



Repeat and top with cheese, bake at 375 for 25 minutes.



Take biscuit dough and roll into a snake, tie into knot and put on baking sheet.



In a bowl add 1/4 cup of oil (I used olive oil), 1 tsp of oregano, 2 tbsp of parmesean cheese, 1/2 tsp of garlic and I also cracked some pepper into it.



Take this mixture and spoon onto the biscuits and bake.
These smell so wonderful as they cook.


The finished casserole.


What a beautiful, bubbly and cheesy dish.



What a filling yummy meal, just a hint of ranch and screams winter time comfort food. It re-heats nicely and even the kids loved it. This dish can be assembled and kept in the fridge for a few days and then baked or even frozen.

*Many dishes are made with chicken breast sauteed like this, to save time, while doing a dish cook double chicken and put half aside for another meal, saves times for later in the week. Hope you enjoy.









No comments:

Post a Comment