Please email any request and Iwill do my best to either cover it in a blog, or email you back. Happy cooking, crafting and creating.

About Me

My photo
I am a mom of 4, a blended family that is wonderfully close. I love cooking, in fact I am obsessed with cooking and making fun stuff for the family to enjoy. I love to create, photography, painting, decorating, crafts and anything that makes me feel more creative.

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Laundry Soap

So, the economy stinks...laundry detergent is crazy pricey, even the cheap stuff. SOOooo, I recently found the love of Borax after making flubber with my boys. I previously posted about my love affair with Borax and it's uses, so I decided to see what else I could do with it, and as luck may have it, both Pinterest and Google have great links to homemade laundry soap!! I thought about my expenses and realized I spend about $19 per week give or take on soap. RIDICULOUS. So I thought I would try the homemade stuff. My rule, must clean and smell good. All blogs/sites guarantee this, so I combined a few and this is what I came up with....Needed: A grater, 3 packages of Fels-Naptha or Ivory bar soap, Arm and Hammer super washing soda 2 boxes and 3 boxes of Borax.

Grate the Fels-Napth I used a trashcan and liner to mix (also an eager kid to help)


After this, add all the boxes of powder and mix, I got this large glass jar ($9 at Wal-Mart) and another butter dish full. Use 1-2 tbsp per load, plus you can use fabric softener of choice.




Next project, chalk board paint for my jar!!

No comments:

Post a Comment