Please email any request and Iwill do my best to either cover it in a blog, or email you back. Happy cooking, crafting and creating.

About Me

My photo
I am a mom of 4, a blended family that is wonderfully close. I love cooking, in fact I am obsessed with cooking and making fun stuff for the family to enjoy. I love to create, photography, painting, decorating, crafts and anything that makes me feel more creative.

Sunday, February 26, 2012

3D flower

Pinterest...you strike again. I saw this on pinterest some time ago, and I did not pin it. DUH. Try as I might I could never find it again. I confess, it was generally because my interest was to find it than about a million other things popped up and there was no way I could stay focused on the task at hand. Anyway fast forward a few months and... I saw this on fb friends page and realized it could be done with card stock...which I happened to find at the fabric store on clearance for $7! I bought it with the intention of doing the alphabet with it, but I haven't gotten around to it, good thing because I used it tonight and I am loving the results!! We are re-doing our daughters room and this is just the little accent I am looking for. This one is large, I will scale it down for her and do it in muted pastels with polka dot and stripes....SO to get to it, start with card stock, it comes in a book and pattern choice is endless.

Next pick out the paper of choice. I used eight for the large petals and 5 for the small. I used scraps to curl for accents.



Draw out the petal and repeat, I scaled down inside petal, I did this free hand, and I am NOT an artist, I mean, AT ALL. This is about as good as I get, so you can do this too.




Next lay out the pattern until you have a color combo you like.



A step I didn't photograph was that I glued 2 small paper plates for structure and started gluing the petals, I used extreme glue stick as recommended by my fb friend.


Continue gluing, it is your flower do as you wish.



Next comes the small petals, glue them and let dry then push up to make the 3d part. I used clothes pins to hold up the petal while the glue dried. Continue on. Oh and cut a circle out to cover the center. I traced a sippy cup, UMMmmm yeah, I am a mom and it is what I got!




Now let this dry, almost there.





Now hand on the wall....Not thrilled, needs more work.




Viola, now I think for Lydia's room I will add ribbon and maybe a little fine spray glitter. Possibilities are endless. If you had a storm door this could be a decoration for the front door, a teacher gift or any occasion. Have fun!!








2 comments:

  1. That is SO cool! I follow your blog, by the way! Such cute stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much...I will post the ones for my daughters room soon. I am glad someone gets some use out of my randomness! ;)

      Delete