Please email any request and Iwill do my best to either cover it in a blog, or email you back. Happy cooking, crafting and creating.

About Me

My photo
I am a mom of 4, a blended family that is wonderfully close. I love cooking, in fact I am obsessed with cooking and making fun stuff for the family to enjoy. I love to create, photography, painting, decorating, crafts and anything that makes me feel more creative.

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Roasted Butternut Squash

Butternut squash....NOPE not just a decoration in the fall. It is absolutely deliscious, it is cheap, simple and oh so good for you! I didn't realize the vegetables were so intimidating to some...so here is a great veggie that even the kids will like. Mine love it. Wash the squash and peel with a vegetable peeler, cut in half and scoop the seeds out. Next you will chop in 1-2 inch cubes and place on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick spray.

I add a drizzle of olive oil (I used spray today) sprinkle with salt and pepper and I love it with cumin. I also prepare sweet potatoes the same way. I took a portion and added a little brown sugar for Lydia, this is her favorite way to eat it.




Bake at 450 degrees for 20-30 min depending on how big you cut them.




Notice the brown color, the squash carmelizes and gets sweet. It can be eaten alone, or I add this to risotto with safron and it is delicous I omit the cumin when adding to risotto.










This was my lunch today along with some vegetable beef soup! ENJOY!






No comments:

Post a Comment