Please email any request and Iwill do my best to either cover it in a blog, or email you back. Happy cooking, crafting and creating.

About Me

My photo
I am a mom of 4, a blended family that is wonderfully close. I love cooking, in fact I am obsessed with cooking and making fun stuff for the family to enjoy. I love to create, photography, painting, decorating, crafts and anything that makes me feel more creative.

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Vegetable Beef Soup

This soup is very low cal, high in flavor and very filling...bonus is that it is low cal. I put this in individual freezer containers so that I can have it at all times. This is in my freezer at all times, it is a great lunch that makes you feel like you have had a warm, hearty meal without the calories.
Ingredients are simple. Beef stew meat, mixed veggies ( I either buy the mixed pack or individual for a large batch. 2-3 bags of mixed or a small bag of each green beans, corn, carrots and peas) OK to use fresh too, but its the midwest and Feb...frozen it is! Next I use beef stock 4 cups, (I use better than bullion if I don't have stock), V-8 spicy hot juice, onion, salt and pepper.

Saute' onions until soft then add beef stew meat that you have seasoned with salt and pepper.
Cook until meat is done. Mix 2tbsp of the bullion in 4 cups of hot water.

Slowly add the 4 cups of stock to the cooked beef. Cook until half of the liquid is reduced down and the meat is tender. My grandmother would use the pressure cooker, but, I don't even remotely know how to do that, so this is a good way to get the meat tender and develop flavor in the base of the soup.
Next simply add the frozen vegetables and the entire bottle of V-8, salt and pepper to taste. I actually only use Lawry's, I prefer the taste but regular salt is fine.
Nothing like a simmering pot of soup to warm the soul...ENJOY! This indeed is a favorite of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment