Please email any request and Iwill do my best to either cover it in a blog, or email you back. Happy cooking, crafting and creating.

About Me

My photo
I am a mom of 4, a blended family that is wonderfully close. I love cooking, in fact I am obsessed with cooking and making fun stuff for the family to enjoy. I love to create, photography, painting, decorating, crafts and anything that makes me feel more creative.

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Crafting for Lydia's new big girl bed!

Daddy is building the princess a new bed from these plans, so mommy must decorate.
http://ana-white.com/sites/default/files/1.JPG

The theme is girly, I have a pottery barn anywhere chair for a reading nook and owl bedding. I will be adding in a few things here and there, like attempting to paint a dresser, which I will blog later. Here is one of the first crafty things that are super cheap and cute! Paint, canvas, ribbon, buttons and a staple gun.

Painted the canvas a lavender shadeThe second canvas got some chevron stripes...my new obsession. (This is a rough attempt)


Very Easter Egg like...luckily I am not done.



....back to the first canvas, I arranged buttons in the shape of an L, thanks Pinterest. I heart you! Glue will dry clear and I will add ribbon to hang.



Now that the 2nd canvas has dried I add ribbon and with my hubby's help staple the ribbon down and add Lydia's cute little hair bows.



Can't wait to see it hanging in her room!





Clearly we have more bows, so more canvas may be in our future.

No comments:

Post a Comment