Please email any request and Iwill do my best to either cover it in a blog, or email you back. Happy cooking, crafting and creating.

About Me

My photo
I am a mom of 4, a blended family that is wonderfully close. I love cooking, in fact I am obsessed with cooking and making fun stuff for the family to enjoy. I love to create, photography, painting, decorating, crafts and anything that makes me feel more creative.

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Craft Time with Lydia




I am always looking for cheap, easy and fun craft ideas for my soon to be 2 year old. This one fufills all those things and combines easy clean up, which as any mom knows, is key to doing it again and again. I went to the dollar store and picked up a few supplies. Shaving cream, food coloring and paintbrushes. Total $3.




Next grab a muffin tin and add your food coloring to the individual wells. Put shaving cream next, don't overfill, it grows when you mix. I used my fingers, it helped warm the shaving cream and it mixed much easier. I added duct tape to the bottom of the pan to keep it from sliding off while my artist got more "paint".




Now for the fun part, get your little prince or princess in the tub and let the creations begin. We had a lot of giggles and practiced counting and naming our colors. My purple was rather grey, but the rest were right on. This is definately a great indoor craft. Clean up is a breeze, simply rinse your artist and tub the food coloring doesn't stain a thing. Enjoy







!
























































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment