Please email any request and Iwill do my best to either cover it in a blog, or email you back. Happy cooking, crafting and creating.

About Me

My photo
I am a mom of 4, a blended family that is wonderfully close. I love cooking, in fact I am obsessed with cooking and making fun stuff for the family to enjoy. I love to create, photography, painting, decorating, crafts and anything that makes me feel more creative.

Saturday, November 12, 2011

FluBBeR!!



Flubber! A fun craft that the boys LOVE. So simple and cheap, you must try this



Items needed. School glue, white or clear works, food coloring, water and borax.






Step one pour out 2 cups of glue, 2 bottles.






Mix glue and 1 1/2 cups of warm water plus a few drops of food coloring. Stir together.












In another bowl disolve 2 tsp of Borax into 1 1/3 cups of very warm water, when disolved combine the two bowls. A chemical reaction happens causing a polymer or Flubber.








Ewwwwww. Get your hands in it and mix until the water is gone. Do not panic, it looks like something went wrong at first, but keep kneading the goo and it will all absorb quite nicely.






I wondered if the boys were too old for this? Never fear they are 9 and 10 1/2 and have been busy for about an hour. I am going to get more glue, they want more colors and have requested clear glue as well. It's the simple things! Have fun.








No comments:

Post a Comment