Please email any request and Iwill do my best to either cover it in a blog, or email you back. Happy cooking, crafting and creating.

About Me

My photo
I am a mom of 4, a blended family that is wonderfully close. I love cooking, in fact I am obsessed with cooking and making fun stuff for the family to enjoy. I love to create, photography, painting, decorating, crafts and anything that makes me feel more creative.

Monday, November 21, 2011

Taco Bake an easy family favorite!!

This is a quick go to favorite that my family loves and is such an easy alternative to taco night. I find this is much easier too. I serve it with a salad and tortilla chips. I top it with sour cream. Yummy!!
Ingredients:
1 1/2 - 2lbs of ground beef (chicken works too)
1 can of corn (mexi corn works too)
2 pkgs of taco seasoning (add water as directed)
1 can of Rotel tomatoes
1 pkg of soft taco shells
1 pkg of cheddar cheese (large)
Black beans (optional)
onion

Preheat oven to 375. Brown hamburger with chopped onion, drain. To drained hamburger add taco seasoning and follow package instructions, corn, tomatoes and black beans if you choose. Simmer until thickened. Add 1/4 or a hand full of cheddar cheese.









Next grab a 9x9 baking dish, spray with cooking oil and add a soft taco shell.




Layer the hamburger mixture and top with cheese, repeat layers about 3 and top with cheese for the final layer.




Bake for about 30-40 minutes until bubbly.


Finished.


My family loves this and it reheats great. Once assemble it can be frozen and baked later. I, many times pre- assemble over the weekend and then cook by Wed. ENJOY!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment