Please email any request and Iwill do my best to either cover it in a blog, or email you back. Happy cooking, crafting and creating.

About Me

My photo
I am a mom of 4, a blended family that is wonderfully close. I love cooking, in fact I am obsessed with cooking and making fun stuff for the family to enjoy. I love to create, photography, painting, decorating, crafts and anything that makes me feel more creative.

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Play dough FUN!

Ingredients you will need are probably already in your pantry, which makes this even better. I like the consistency better than the store bough stuff too. It is way cheaper and fun for the kids to help. In a sauce pan add the following ingredients. 2 cups of water, 2 cups of flour, 1 cup of salt, 1 tsp of cream of tartar and 1 tsp of cooking oil.

Cook on medium heat for about 5 min until it forms a ball and is difficult to stir.



Kneed this for a few minutes then cut into as many equal parts as you want. 4 works nicely.



To each divided piece add food coloring of choice, continue to kneed until color is even.





Taaa daaah. Play dough!




Lydia is finding it very hard to believe that momma is letting her play with this stuff, but she got the hang of it quickly.




I had some cookie cutters and plastic knife and fork that she decided to play with...we had a great time. As it turns out, she isn't a fan of any type of snake, play dough or real.



Store in plastic bag or container in the fridge and play with it as often as you like. Its a nice to distract her with while I prepare meals. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment