Please email any request and Iwill do my best to either cover it in a blog, or email you back. Happy cooking, crafting and creating.

About Me

My photo
I am a mom of 4, a blended family that is wonderfully close. I love cooking, in fact I am obsessed with cooking and making fun stuff for the family to enjoy. I love to create, photography, painting, decorating, crafts and anything that makes me feel more creative.

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Jell-o candied popcorn.

Candied popcorn using sweetened condensed milk and Jell-0. So yummy and easy, it is something that you can do a lot with. I am always looking for something homemade that will keep while I am making my my more fresh items for stuffing gift baskets around the holidays. This could be the base for a unique sweet and salty party mix, adding pretzels, cereal, candy or whatever you like. If you are less adventurous, the basic popcorn is delicious. I plan on making several and making a rainbow bag of flavors.







First pop your popcorn, have a shallow baking dish lined with foil and generously buttered or sprayed with cooking oil. Put popcorn in here in a thin layer about 10 cups making sure there are no unpopped kernels. Pre heat oven to 300 degrees.






Next pour a can of sweetened condensed milk and package of Jell-o into a sauce pan over medium heat. Stir constantly, as this will burn easily. This is berry blue and we also made strawberry. Both were good, although grape is probably my favorite.







Cook until it is all dissolved, about 3-4 minutes, the mixture will be a little thick and you will no longer be able to see the jello granules.






Pour the sauce over the popcorn and mix. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.






Spray wax paper with cooking oil and let cool until sugar is hard and crack into pieces. Store in air-tight bowl.










No comments:

Post a Comment