Please email any request and Iwill do my best to either cover it in a blog, or email you back. Happy cooking, crafting and creating.

About Me

My photo
I am a mom of 4, a blended family that is wonderfully close. I love cooking, in fact I am obsessed with cooking and making fun stuff for the family to enjoy. I love to create, photography, painting, decorating, crafts and anything that makes me feel more creative.

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Everybody CLEAN up!!


Happy Turkey Day to one and all...so many things I post are either fun/food related I thought I would do a practical post since it is a day for being thankful, and many would be thankful to leave some bucks in their pockets. Here are two great things I have discovered....


Borax ~ Best. Product. EVER!!


You have seen that I did flubber with Borax. My recipe only calls for 2 tsp, and I had a whole box, so I looked and it said its a great laundry booster, can be used to neutralize odors in the dishwasher, disposal, can be made into a paste with water etc. So I tried all of the above and WOW. Such a great product. This big box cost $2.88! Let me say that as a laundry booster it is the best!

** Have a stinky front loading washer? I did, did being key here. The product that is sold for cleaning the washer is super expensive, so I loaded the washer with some dark towels, added my usual detergent and softener then added 1/4 cup of Borax to the wash and the towel came out without a funky odor and the washer smelled fresh. Amazing, since for some reason our dark towels have had a smell for weeks that could only be masked by softener, but once wet the smell returned. Not any more. So pleased and for only $2.88 in the detergent aisle. SCORE!
** Another great use was that my 22 month old got sick on the carpet, and it was sour milk, YUCK. So I made a paste, cleaned up the mess then put this paste on the carpet with a bit of water and let it dry, then vacuumed it up. Viola, no stinky mess.
Next....did you know that you can simply boil water, take an empty Swiffer WET JET bottle and place in the water as shown in the picture, leave for 1-2 minutes and grab a towel then twist off lid and fill with any cleaner (I used Mr. Clean and diluted it, about 1/4 cup then filled with water) then used just as I normally would. Cheap and easy.


No comments:

Post a Comment