Please email any request and Iwill do my best to either cover it in a blog, or email you back. Happy cooking, crafting and creating.

About Me

My photo
I am a mom of 4, a blended family that is wonderfully close. I love cooking, in fact I am obsessed with cooking and making fun stuff for the family to enjoy. I love to create, photography, painting, decorating, crafts and anything that makes me feel more creative.

Friday, November 11, 2011

Spaghetti Casserole


I ran across this recipe a few times recently and decided to try it, and it was a hit! So here is how it is made.

First start by having spaghetti sauce heated, I used frozen sauce that I had previously made and added ground beef. (I will blog homemade sauce another time). It is OK to brown hamburger and use a large jar of your favorite sauce. Next I started boiling water for 1 pound of spaghetti, drain add back to pan with butter to prevent noodles from sticking. Chop one onion and set out a brick of cream cheese.




Next, brown onions with olive oil, salt and pepper. When onions are soft add the cream cheese and 2 tsp of milk unitl melted and creamy.









Add a thin layer of sauce to a 9x13 pan. I spray with cooking spray and prefer Pyrex glass pans, however, anything will work.



Next add the cooked noodles in a thin layer.




Then add the cream cheese mixture in a thin even layer.




Followed by the final layer of sauce and parmesean cheese and bake at 375 for about 40 minutes until brown and bubbly. The last 5 minutes of cooking pull out of the oven and add a thin layer of French's french fried onions.




This is the finished result. Absolutely YUMMY!




























No comments:

Post a Comment